- Pets help recovery from heart attacks – A study from the National Institutes of Health found that dog owners had a higher survival rate after a heart attack, compared to those who did not own dogs.
- Pets help reduce stress…more so than humans do.
- Pet owners are less obese – Pet owners are more active, simply because they want their pets to stay active and healthy as well.
- Pet owners have better mobility as they age – a National Institutes of Health study found that adults aged 71-82 who regularly walked their dogs were more mobile, compared to those who did not own pets.
- Pets can help with cholesterol – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention states that owning a pet can decrease cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure.
Courtesy of CareNotes: The Home Care Newsletter
Home Care Assistance offers the highest quality 24/7 live-in home care in the Region of Halton (Oakville, Burlington, Halton Hills, and Milton), Region of Peel (Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon), Hamilton and surrounding areas.